If you’ve been living from paycheck to paycheck yet continue to fall deeper into debt, it may be time to talk with an Okmulgee Ok bankruptcy lawyer. The chronic fear associated with debt collector calls, threats of lawsuits and dropping credit scores can make everyday pleasures of life difficult to enjoy and leave you tossing and turning through night after sleepless night. When you’re losing sleep over debt, it may be time for a fresh start. The team at Wirth Law Office – Okmulgee has helped residents around Okmulgee County take the first steps toward financial recovery.
The recent economic down turn has taken a severe tole on hard working families around the state of Oklahoma. More than 12,000 Oklahomans from all walks of life on average file for bankruptcy in recent years. Overcoming the fear of bankruptcy is often the most difficult step toward getting back on one’s feet financially after a difficult economic turn. An Okmulkee Ok bankruptcy lawyer can you discover options to reset and restart your personal or family economy.
Confused by the Chapters
The most common forms of bankruptcy filings in Oklahoma are referred to as Chapter 7 or Chapter 13. Here’s a quick look at the advantages of each of the options families in Oklahoma could petition for in bankruptcy court.
Chapter 7: This form of bankruptcy could allow you maintain to a point your current lifestyle including
- Discharge 100% of your medical debt, credit card debt, repossession deficiencies, and more. After just 3 to 4 months you could be virtually debt free.
- Stay in your home as long as you can keep current with your payments;
- Stay current on your payments and keep your truck or car; and
- Offers immediate protecting against wage garnishment
Chapter 13: If you’re behind on your house, car and truck payments then this form of bankruptcy maybe right for your situation. An Okmulkee Ok bankruptcy lawyer can help determine if you unique situation would be more appropriate for a Chapter 13 payment plan such as:
- Discharge some of your unsecured debts, which may include credit card bills, medical bills, any repossession deficiencies, foreclosure deficiencies and more, through a repayment plan that is affordable for you.
- Keep your home even if its in foreclosure; and
- Keep your home even if you’ve missed several monthly mortgage payments and have gone into default.
You’ve gone on long enough struggling to keep your head above water. Our bankruptcy lawyers are here to help speed along the process.
Free Consultation: Okmulgee Ok Bankruptcy Lawyer
If you’d like to speak with a bankruptcy attorney about your possible options Call (918) 756-9600 or toll-free (888) Wirth-Law now for a free consultation with an Okmulgee Ok Bankruptcy Lawyer at the Wirth Law Office – Okmulgee. Or, you can enter your legal question or concern in the firm at the top right of this page, and one of our attorneys will email or call you.